Thursday 16 July 2009

Lost and Found

I found this piece while looking for inspiration and techniques to use while creating my next short "abandoned" piece. I plan to do this in first person as i have found the location in which to film and the ideas kept popping up in my head. I found myself laying in the fields trying to get the camera angles i wanted even without the camera by my side. Probably best i was in a field in the middle of nowhere. I'll keep you posted on how that's going.



This piece is directed by Neil Stubbings at Le Mob studio and really stood out to me. I think the animation of the first person movement is brilliant especially combining it with the blurry waking moments camera work. I haven't seen anything like this before.The sounds, designed by Gregor Rosenberger, creates the humourous quality in the piece and emphasises the observers movements and characteristics of the pink alien. This, like Zapping below, combines 3D and 2D animation beautifly. These are the techniques i would like to be able to develop in my future pieces.

Lost and Found also won the 2008 Onedotzero_ch audience award in switzerland after its showing at the award serimony.

No comments:

Post a Comment