Monday 19 April 2010

Died Young Stayed Pretty Lecture


On Friday afternoon I went to the lecture theatre to see this documentary on underground rock ‘n’ roll posters and the artists behind them. It was interesting to see why the artists did what they did and how influenced by each other they were. It was quite funny in places with some very interesting ideas being thrown around. Alot of them worked for next to no money and quite often let the artists have to posters for them to raise funds. A couple of the artists I struggled with as they were very opinionated and had a really obscure view on life. Some of the camera work was a bit erratic and was hard to watch at times but i did like the amount of different views shown when talking to the artists.

I think I enjoyed it but I thought it was also thought it was a bit too long. I don't think I'll be watching it again though.

If i were you I would watch "Exit Through The Gift Shop" instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment