Monday 31 January 2011

The Hostage Title Sequence + Sin City


I mentioned this in my last post as well as the titles in Sin City. This is now consider a very obvious way to show the noir crime genre. I've looked at doing it in this style but thought it was to close to these other examples. I don't want to seem like I'm copying someone else's style because I want to create my own style which ties into the story itself. I wanted to get away from the spot colour, Frank Miller style imagery and the heavy use of colours such as red to set the mood. Mood can be set in a verity of ways and it doesn't have to be done this way. One thing I really like about this piece though is how the names are arranged around the composition and being discovered as the camera moves through. It reminds me very much of methods used in my last titles that were influenced by the titles for the french film Delicatessen.

Below are 2 tests I did before I made this decision of finding my own style and trying to get away from the typical imagery used in these types of films and programs.

Test 1


Test 2

Here is another test that I produced in a similar style to this title sequence but focusing on the idea of "Fall" (autumn) which is spoken about in the short Fall North. I wanted to try an array of ideas to see which best suits the story.


No comments:

Post a Comment