Tuesday 1 February 2011

Final Major Thoughts

As you can see I have posted quite a verity of work on my blog recently to do with this project. I really like this 2D compositing style of animation quite a lot at the moment and think it could work well in my piece. The thing is I quite like the idea of combining it with other methods to deliver my message.

I like the idea of using different media to represent different things. Basically, I've been thinking of what I want to produce for my final major. I want to show off all the skills I have and how I can combine them to show something different, something that will stand out.

I have recently had the idea of using Ed's (Fall North) objects to introduce the character. Its like the idea of being able to figure out and get to know a person by the stuff they have. I wanted to do it in a series of flashbacks and flash forwards. Bare with me and I'll explain...

For arguments sake we are in Ed's apartment and a load of belongings are spread around the room that were mentioned in the Fall North. This could all be made out of 3D or filmed live I thought. Then Ed would go over to each object and as he approached/touched them he has a flash back/forward to what he has done with the object. For example, he could approach his car keys and as he picked them up it flashed to him driving to Boston on the mission. This would be done in more of a 2D graphic novel style though. A bit like this:


Obviously I need to run some tests to see if this will work but in theory it should. Also I am still no sure on the length of the piece I will be producing so this will all have to be decided so I have something to work to. You will be happy to know that I am happy with my idea and I don't think I'll be changing my idea this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment